Now this isn't in the Bob Jones league at all, but attached (assuming I can work out how to do this) is a picture of my own latest signal, a disc with route indicator box. The disc works, the indicator doesn't! It's a marriage of two N Brass kits. The signal itself is from a fairly recent new release from Nick Tilston. They are sold as non-working, but the construction method easily allows the disc to be pivoted. I had intended to solder a small washer into the rear face of the disc as a locator for the operating wire. But in the end decided to cheat and use one of the two spectacle holes instead. This works up to a point because the spectacles are so close to the edge of the disc that any force on the operating wire is liable to tear the disc. So I soldered a crankpin washer over the hole to take the strain and now it works fine. The kit provides for four signals and, even allowing for ham-fistedness and incompetence I got two working and one static signal from the etch.
The indicator box is another N Brass kit with the legs soldered into the top of the disc signal. The real thing would direct you from a siding either into a colliery branch or the Down Main. The disc is operated by a servo under the baseboard. The whole thing is soldered onto a 10mm length of brass tube which in turn fits a 5mm hole drilled through the baseboard.
The corner of the loco cab you can see is an attempt at 26000 'Tommy', the prototype Manchester Sheffield & Wath locomotive, done from a 3D print.