Anyway I've started decalling the N8. The locomotive will be 69394.
Two problems have reared their ugly heads:
- I started applying the number with the wrong size numerals. Careless, I know, but when you've not done any numbering for a while the different sizes of numerals becomes almost unnoticable. So I started to remove the "9" and the "4" which I'd applied and let dry. Unfortunately, the Microsol started to soften the paintwork! As a result, I've had to touch the paintwork in with a brush after removing the offending decals. I just hope that the new numerals with hide the irregularities...
- I've just found out that post '51/'52, this loco carried lining. I was hoping to avoid this and had chosen a loco where I could see it was unlined. The photo must have been taken a day or two before it went into the paintshop. Arrrrgh!!!
I'll stick with this loco and persevere with the lining. Maybe some photos next time. Maybe.