Tuesday, 24 July 2007

Hold the Line...

More work on the N8. To the detriment of the D49 it has to be said, although some progress is evident on the loco chassis. I'll tell you about that later...

Now back to the N8 and the thorny issue of lining. You will recall how I, not without mishap, got the totem and numbering in place. I then went to look for the lining in my decal box. Without success! I'm sure I had some somewhere; no doubt it will show up when I don't want it.


So off goes the order to Fox Transfers and with all due haste a set of decals comes back to me in the post. It's at this point that I realise why I really, really, really wanted an unlined loco. If this is Mr Fox's day-to-day business there's no wonder he had a heart attack! The tiniest fragments of lining floating about to try and make up the reverse curve in front of the cab. Long straights of lining that stretch when you don't want them to and when you need that fraction of a millimetre extra, refuse to budge! Everything is so tiny and fragile; then when its all in place, looks like it was painted with a 1/2" brush. GGGRRRRRR!!!!!!

The results are below. If I said I was happy, it would be a lie. I just hope the weathering will help!

1 comment:

Tony wisdom said...

tony, you might not be happy but it looks brilliant to me. lovely model, thanks for the running commentary,always good to see someone else getting on with something. here in Gloucestershire it's hard to remember that the original objective was to drain the swamp when you're up to your ass in alligators!